As a trendy thriftanista I enjoy shopping and looking for great deals. However, there are several things about shopping that I truly hate. Shopping isn’t always a pleasant experience and sometimes it’s just not worth the deal.
1) Rude Clerks– I will immediately leave a shop if the clerks/retail staff is rude or disrespectful. I refuse to spend my money in a place that doesn’t treat their customers well.
2) Suspicious Workers– This goes hand in hand with my first concern. I love to be greeted and acknowledged by store staff but I don’t want to be followed and watched as I shop. This is another reason I will immediately leave a store.
3) Stores Without Baskets– Most department stores don’t have these but it can make it really hard to shop and buy a lot of items if I have to carry my armful throughout the entire store. This is just too much work and not enough shopping play.
4) Trying Clothes On- This is a very important thrift shopping tip however, I hate getting dress and re-dressed over and over again. Unless it’s a really special item I absolutely need to know fits, I don’t enjoy this part of the shopping experience. To add on to this I also don’t like dressing room restrictions. (5 item limit) this makes the getting dressed & re-dressed experience even more excruciating.
5) Not Finding What You Need– It is really disappointing when you’ve planned a shopping day and you walk away empty handed. I suppose in some cased this great way to save money. But it’s definitely not as fun.